What is it?
A NEW WAY TO SMOKE, GRILL, OR BAKE
- Smoke or grill with real wood fire
- Push button thermostat controls temperature
- From low and slow smoking to high heat grilling with no flare ups
- Keeps heat and odors outside while cooking almost anything
- Cooks bacon with no cleanup
- Spend more time with your family or watching the game while the controller does the work
- Uses 100% hardwood pellets so no need to store or handle wood logs
How it works
By way of an auger which is turned by an electric motor, pellets are fed into a firepot. A hot rod in the firepot ignites the pellets. Once lit, a small fan keeps the pellets burning to achieve the desired temperature. A fan inside the hopper works in tandem with a thermostat mounted inside the grill to reach and maintain temperatures.
Benefits and Features
- Welded construction of barrel, lid, and legs — no sheet metal screws or pop rivets
- Same heavy gauge metal as our traditional offset smokers
- Stainless steel roll top lid, front shelf, and rain cap
- Roll top lid allows for full shelf use
- Front shelf comes standard with tool hooks and paper tool rack
- 35 lb. hopper uses less than 1 lb. of pellets per hour at 275 degrees when burning Pitts & Spitts hardwood pellets
- 4 heavy duty casters and welded handles for ease of repositioning
- Barrel design and construction produces a more even temperature throughout the grill
- Less than 10 degrees in temperature fluctuation; competitors tend to be in the 30 degree range
800+ sq. inches of cooking surface
- You can smoke at temps as low as 180 degrees or grill at temps as high as 650 degrees using our trapdoor drip pan
- Comes standard with two full size cooking grates for maximized cooking surface
- Made right here in Houston
- Proprietary line of pellets that burn more efficiently and cleanly for that hardwood flavor
Frequently Asked Questions
- What grade of stainless steel are the lid and front shelf?
- 304 marine grade stainless
- What are the dimensions of the grill?
- On our 18×30, the cooking chamber is 18” deep x 22.5” tall x 30” wide; overall width is about 48” including handles and hopper
- On our 24×36, the cooking chamber is 24” deep x 24” tall x 36” wide; overall width is about 54” including handles and hopper
- What is the weight of the unit?
- Approx. 225 lbs to 275 lbs, depending on the model
- Are two cooking grates included or is that an upgrade?
- Unlike most other brands, two grates are included in our standard model; the bottom grate is stainless steel rod and the top grate is expanded metal; both are slide out
- How consistent is the temperature from left to right?
- Very — you can expect variations to be less than 10 degrees; when smoking at lower temps, the difference is even smaller
- How accurate is the PID controller to the internal temp?
- Very – see point on temperature consistency
- Is there meat a probe on the PID controller?
- 1 year on parts; 3 years on controller, 10 years on barrel
- Is there customer service if an electrical components fail?
- Yes we can trouble shoot over the phone; if necessary we can send a tech to your house or you can bring your grill in