Wi-fi capabilities, a fully welded design, and a stainless steel roll-top lid are just a few of the details that help our pellet grills stand out from the rest.
Purchasing a meat smoker or grill is a big investment, but there are certain elements that make it clear that a Pitts & Spitts pellet grill is the right choice.
Our pellet grill is different. From the fully welded construction to the American-made PID controller, our grills are built to last and deliver a high-quality, consistent cooking experience, every single time. Loaded with special features, they stand out against competitors in Texas and across the country and make you see why Pitts & Spitts has been a legend in Texas barbecue for almost 40 years.
While the differences in types of grills seem endless — charcoal, gas, electric — each has unique strengths and features. In short, a pellet grill is a wood-burning convection oven, and no grill is able to deliver the perfect smoky flavor quite like it. With pellets made from real, virgin hardwoods, the pellet grill is able to deliver restaurant-quality barbecue at the push of a button. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about flare ups or temperature swings within the grill, and there is also no more need for a match or lighter fluid to get your grill started.
Other notable design features include:
- All Maverick pellet grills come standard with a front work shelf and a roll-top lid made of 304 marine-grade stainless steel.
- Our grates slide out with stops so you can pull them out and keep your eyes out of the smoke while cooking.
- We use a 10-gauge drip pan for even heat distribution.
- Our grills are made with 10-gauge and 3/16 steel throughout for superior heat retention and temperature recovery.
- Heavy-duty swivel wheels mean the pellet grill can be moved around easily.
- Our grills are fully welded, so assembly is very limited, and you don’t have to worry about leakage.
- An expanded metal rack on the bottom can be used to hold extra pellets.
- There are also useful and thoughtful details like handcrafted hardwood handles on the lid, a paper towel rack, and tool hooks for hanging cooking utensils.
- Wi-fi options are available, allowing your grill to be controlled and monitored through the cloud.
- Most importantly, our grills are made right here in Houston, Texas, making them the only pellet grills made in the Lone Star State.
Being one of the only American fabrication shops that’s focused on smokers and grills allows us to put an emphasis on quality and design, locally sourced materials and unmatched attention to detail. We build every product with the intention that it’ll get passed down and used year after year after year. Just lift the lid of one of our pits, and you’ll know what we mean…built for generations.
See all of the Pitts & Spitts Maverick pellet grill options here: